Hi there, I was wondering what other people would do in my situation. I have a hereditary disease that runs in my family called Gerstmann Straussler Sheinker (GSS) Syndrome I haven't been tested for the mutated gene and I don't want to. My problem is that I am showing some symptoms (could just be paranoid) but if you showed symptoms would you opt to get tested for it or wait and see if the symptoms get worse. There is no treatment or cure and even if I do get tested and it comes back clear for actually having it, I still don't want to know if I have the mutated gene. My hubby is concerned because my mental health is unstable at the moment and thinks that if I do get diagnosed with it before I am mentally healthy that it will break me and make things worse. I honestly don't know what I should do. I am not asking for anyone to tell me what to do but I want peoples thoughts, opinions and why so I can try and make an informed choice. And at least asking on here there is no bias from family/friends etc Please and thank you.