50 Fun Things To Do With Kids In SydneyThe Ultimate List For Entertaining Your Kids.
There's no excuse for the kids (or you) to be bored in Sydney! There's so much to see and do. Check out this list of 50 awesome activities that you can do with kids in Sydney today:
1. Walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge
(or over it if you are cashed up and over the age of 8 years).
2. Spend the day at Darling Harbour
and Darling Quarter
exploring the playground, the Aquarium, Madame Tussauds, the Wildlife Park, the Japanese Garden and much much more.
3. See all of the fabulous animals at Taronga Zoo
4. Wander around one of the very kid friendly Museums Sydney has to offer - Museum of Sydney
, Powerhouse Museum
, Australian Museum
and the Australian National Maritime Museum
are 4 of the best in town.
5. Stop and smell the roses in the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens
or jump on the Choo Choo Express
if you have too many little legs in your brood.
6. Go on every single ride at Luna Park
7. Catch a family friendly show at the Opera House
, Riverside Theatres
or Monkey Baa Theatre Co
8. Become a farmer for a day at one of Sydney's animal farms - Golden Ridge
and Calmsley Hill
9. Swing around one of the many Tree Top Adventure Parks
10. Splash away the day in one of Sydney's many FREE water play parks
11. Visit one of Sydney's best indoor playcentres
12. Explore Wonderland at Myer
in the city and let the kids spend some of their pocket money.
13. Slip Slop Slap and enjoy a day at Wet'n'Wild
14. Get up close and personal with some delightful Aussie animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
15. Get your skates on and cool off at one of Sydney's best Ice Skating Rinks
16. Have a hit and a giggle playing Putt Putt Golf
, or go bowling/rock climbing/trampolining.
17. Go on an overnight glamping
18. Potter around Camperdown Commons
eating, playing and farming.
19. Spend a day exploring Cockatoo Island
- you can even stay overnight.
20. Take a ferry to either Manly
or Watsons Bay for fish & chips for lunch and a paddle in the ocean afterwards.
21. Enjoy a decadent donut for afternoon tea from one of these amazing donut joints
22. Discover the Western Sydney Parklands
and all its super cool playgrounds
23. Have lunch or dinner at a family friendly pub
24. Put your thinking caps on and complete a Trail Quest
25. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and go on a bushwalk in the Cumberland State Forest
26. Go star gazing at the Sydney Observatory
27. Slurp on one of Sydney's amazing looking Babycinos or Crazy Shakes or treat your little ones to a posh high tea
28. Visit May Gibbs' Nutcote
to try and find Snugglepot and Cuddlepie.
29. Pack up your bucket and spades and head to one of these perfect [LINK=https://sydneymumsgroup.com.au/toddler-friendly-beaches-in-sydney/]toddler friendly beaches[/LINK].
30. Become a book worm at your local library where there's always a story time or kids activities on each week.
31. Head to a cafe with a playground
right next to it.
32. Strap on your walking shoes and explore Lake Parramatta Reserve
or Parramatta Park
on the Harbour or row a boat
in Lane Cove National Park.
34. Visit a Livvi's Place
fully inclusive playground.
36. Get your inner Picasso on and visit a family friendly art gallery
37. Enjoy an ice cream from one of these quirky spots
38. Head off on a family friendly ride around one of the many cycle ways
or bike friendly parks we have.
39. Spend the day at Sydney Olympic Park
, playing, walking, orienteering, cycling, eating and much much more.
40. See a movie or two at one of Sydney's cheap cinemas
41. All aboard for a day trip to Brooklyn
on a Train.
42. Giddy up and go horse riding
at one of the many riding stables all over Sydney.
43. Take the fambam out for dessert at one of Sydney's delish dessert bars
44. Visit a family friendly garden nursery
and buy some plants to build a vergie patch or fairy garden.
45. Watch a movie under the stars at one of Sydney's many outdoor cinemas or head to the Skyline Drive In
at Blacktown for some old school fun.
46. Head to your local pool
for some slip sliding fun. Or go swimming in one of Sydney's amazing and free ocean pools.
47. Take a birds eye view of Sydney from Sydney Tower
or step out onto the Sky Deck if you dare!
48. Step back in time and see how kids from the olden days survived at one of Sydney Living Museum historic venues Elizabeth Farm
, Rouse Hill House and Farm
, [Linkhttps://sydneylivingmuseums.com.au/vaucluse-house Vaucluse House] and Hyde Park Barracks
are our top picks.
49. Have a picnic, ride a bike, go for a walk, chase some birds, do some orienteering, or explore the amazing new playground at beautiful Centennial Parkland
50. Experience a festival - Sydney has hundreds of them throughout the year! Some of our favourites are:
There's at least another 500 things you can do with kids in Sydney - but this list is a great one to work through for starters!
[INTRO There's no excuse for kids (or you) to be bored in Sydney!]
31652 - 2022-03-16 12:17:17