Or, you may just be one of the many parents who have young kids that find the hairdressers an intimidating experience... the idea of a hair CUT, especially if it is their first, can be terrifying.
This is why we need specialist hairdressing salons for children, or salons that welcome families (mums, dads and kids included). Salons like this are worth their weight in gold!
Sydney Mums Group is all about making it easy for mums, so we have done our research and come up with the following list of ten hairdressing salons that are recommended as child-friendly / child haircut specialists in Sydney.
Salon image c/o- Ziggetty Snipits & Nitpro Balmain Facebook page
1) Carlo & Elise, Mosman Pride themselves on: Memorable kids hair experiences for 0 - 12s
Address: Shop 3, 5 Spit Rd, Mosman
Bookings: (02) 8068 0299
3) Kiddy Cuts, Rose Bay Pride themselves on: A fun salon, created specially for children (0 - 14) with plenty of tricks to keep them entertained
Address: Shop 1, 519 Old South Head Road, Rose Bay
Bookings: (02) 8385 6454
4) Kidz Lidz Hair Salon, Rose Bay Pride themselves on: Kids haircuts in pedal cars while they watch their favourite TV shows
Address: 735 New South Head Rd, Rose Bay
Bookings: (02) 9371 1711
5) Northern Beaches
Red Nose Kids Cuts at Fitness First in Dee Why has closed, unfortunately. Hopefully, a new salon for kids will surface soon in this area but in the meantime, which family-friendly hairdresser are you going to now, Manly, Dee Why and Brookie mums? I can personally vouch for the team at Vander Hair Studio in Cromer. Mainly adult clients but my son has grown up having his haircuts there and loves it. The salon charges reasonably and the hairdressers have good tactics for dealing with young wrigglers. Table for drawing and salon pet dog, Cookie, are plusses too.
Bookings: (02) 9982 2125
6) Pixies Haircut, Leichhardt Prides themselves on: Family-friendly cuts for adults and kids with books, kids DVDs and DVD players
Address: 88 Norton St, Leichhardt
Bookings: (02) 8068 1888
7) Spiky Tales for Kids, Greystanes Prides themselves on: Catherine and her team take special care that their younger customers are comfortable having their hair trimmed - they understand it can be a scary experience for toddlers.
Address: Shop 5 & 6, 41 Maple Street Greystanes
Bookings: (02) 9896 8240
8 - 10) Ziggetty Snipits & Nitpro, Balmain Prides themselves on: Franchise business with specialised nit treatments, haircuts, pamper packages and Glama Party packages for kids
Address: 428 Darling St, Balmain
Bookings: (02) 9555 9392
Further Ziggetty Snipits & Nitpro franchises located in Sydney: Gregory Hills (Lasso Rd - Bookings: (02) 8376 8874) and Minto (Minto Marketplace - Bookings: (02) 9824 8800)
Happy haircut image c/o- Kidz Lidz Facebook page
Just Cuts is a budget barber salon that takes walk-ins and caters for all the family. If your kids are haircut-trained and just need a trim from time to time, you could do worse than take them to your local shopping centre, where you will generally find this franchise present. It's no frills, fast and you won't pay a fortune.