When the rain won't go away and it's coming back the next day, you most definitely need to have some activities planned to keep the kids occupied. So here are our favourite places to go when you want to stay dry in Sydney!
1. Local Shopping Centre - an obvious choice, and our advice is to go early in the morning, so that you can score an undercover car spot.
2. Indoor Play Centres - there are so many excellent centres throughout Sydney. We have a couple of great lists on our website, for you to choose from.
3. Ice Skating - luckily Sydney has quite a few indoor ice rinks. Click here for a full list of them.
4. Movies - it's not always cheap to take the whole brood to the flicks, so we've put together a list for you, of the cheapest cinemas in Sydney.
5. Inflatable World - kids can bounce off their energy here in 2 hours slots. There are locations all over Sydney, and Sydney Mums Group have road tested the Castle Hill centre and given it the thumbs up.
6. Museums - Luckily Sydney has heaps of excellent museums for us to visit with our kids. The Australian Museum, PowerHouse Museum, Aust. National Maritime Museum, and Hyde Park Barracks Museum are our top picks for a rainy day.
7. Pools - Sydney has quite a few very good indoor pools, most of which are really family friendly. Check out this list of some of Sydney's best kid friendly pools.
8. Art Galleries - there are family friendly Art Galleries dotted throughout Sydney. The Museum of Contemporary Art and the NSW Art Gallery are both fabulous for kids. If you head out into the 'burbs, the Hawkesbury Art Galley, Penrith Regional Art Gallery, Campbelltown Arts Centre, and the Hazelhurst Regional Art Gallery are our favourite choices. And the best bit is that they all have a lovely cafe attached to them as well, for a caffeine fix and a babycino.
9. The Aquarium - Sydney's SEA Life Aquarium is a great place to spend quite a few hours with the kids on a rainy day. And their fabulous new ride through penguin exhibition on a raft, looks like so much fun for all of the family.
10. Ten Pin Bowling - a family game of Ten Pin Bowling is such a great laugh! There are centres located throughout Sydney and quite a few of them also have an option of doing laser tag as well.
And of course if money is a bit tight and you can't afford to do any of the above, pull on the gum boots and go and jump is some puddles!